Before You Adopt
Please consider the following:
- Which adults in the family will be the primary caretakers?
- Are you prepared for a possible 10-year commitment to this rabbit?
- Does everyone in your family want a rabbit?
- Are you prepared to provide proper veterinary care including the spay or neuter of your rabbit and any necessary vet visits?
- Do you have a appropriate cage and supplies ?
- Is your home and/or yard “bunny-proofed”?
- Do you have animals that could endanger the rabbit? (Rabbits can die even when only frightened by a predator.)
- Have you had a rabbit before? Where is it now?
- Will you be able to supervise any children around this rabbit?
- Are you allowed to have rabbits in your house/apartment?
- If you move, get married, have a baby, or if the kids lose interest, are you prepared to keep your rabbit?
Please make a list of questions you have regarding care and handling of rabbits. Make sure all your questions are answered by knowledgeable people prior to adopting your rabbit.
Always adopt from your local animal shelter or the House Rabbit Society