Pictures & Fun
Foot Problems |
Here are some of the suggestions on Kathy Anderson's checklist for maintenance
of rabbits with foot problems (sore hocks).
- soft surfaces, not linoleum, hardwood, or cement
- use fake sheepskin for cage bottoms, not bathroom rugs with rubber backing
- keep bunny off wet surfaces
- check feet daily
- apply cooled tea bag (compress) to hocks to toughen calluses
- litter soft, yet absorbent: try Carefresh s or Cat Country on the bottom topped with a large scoop of Carefresh (paper pulp litter)
- outdoor playpen: line with 6 inches of soft, clean, short-cut, yellow straw
- keep toenails clipped short.
- disinfect cages regularly.