Reducing Lead Risk in your Rabbit’s Drinking Water

Jul 10, 2011 by

Print Friendly

Rick and Bea Jacobel write: “Lately I have been hearing a lot in the media about lead in our drinking water (at toxic levels) that comes from the materials used to make the water faucets. They recommend that you run tap water for about 15 seconds before catching it to use for drinking or cooking. Apparently the 15 seconds gives any toxic lead that has built up in the faucet the time to wash out. I have now started doing the same 15 second thing before filling rabbit bottles, just as a precaution.”

by Marinell Harriman

House Rabbit Journal Volume III, Number 3, Summer/Fall 1994

Related Posts

Tags

Share This