What You Can Do About Whole Foods
House Rabbit Society urges our members and other rabbit lovers to contact Whole Foods to ask them to stop selling rabbit meat at their stores!
We have just sent them a letter on behalf of HRS asking them to stop, and now we are asking YOU to contact Whole Foods yourself until they reconsider this poor decision that puts America’s third most popular companion mammal into the meat counter.
Here’s what you can do:
- Educate yourself about the lives that rabbits who live on meat farms suffer. This is how Whole Foods’ rabbits are raised; and this is how they are killed.
- Tell Whole Foods to stop selling rabbits. Feel free to borrow the language from our letter. They also responded to our letter and we responded back to them, and you can borrow language from our response as well.
- Tell Whole Foods managers, staffers, and customers, what great animals rabbits are, and in particular, emphasize New Zealand rabbits, the rabbits being raised and killed for meat. Print out our “ruby eyed” poster here and bring it along with you!
- Tell others to get onboard, via Facebook or Twitter.
- Sign the online petition at Change.org.
- If you feel moved to do so, stop shopping at Whole Foods and take your business elsewhere until they stop selling rabbit meat.
Here are a few ways to contact Whole Foods
Whole Foods website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/customer-service
Whole Foods email: customer.questions@wholefoods.
Whole Foods Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/wholefoods
Individual store locations (to call): http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list
Whole Foods Market, Inc.
550 Bowie Street
Austin, TX 78703-4644
Whole Foods is selling rabbits in five regions of the country: Mid Atlantic, Northeast, North Atlantic, Midwest, and Northern California. Please contact the regional management in those areas, as well as the store managers of your local stores. You can find their regional contacts here. Contacting them through Twitter at @WholeFoods, through their customer service form, and of course through your local store, will work no matter where you live.