Thank you for your interest in being an HRS Ally. Please fill out the online application below.
An ally is a rescue group that:
- professes to have similar purposes and philosophy as House Rabbit Society
- may/may not be incorporated (as a 501c3 nonprofit)
- operates fostering and education programs that may/may not follow HRS guidelines
- may/may not have licensed HRS Educators
- will be listed on the HRS website as an HRS Ally
These groups follow HRS guidelines as follows:
- spay/neuter all rabbits
- keep rabbits indoors
- adopt to indoor homes only
- provide educational material with adopted rabbits
An ally relationship can exist with House Rabbit Society with the following provisions:
- Allies will sign an annual pledge
- HRS does not investigate their facilities or practices
- HRS may ask for a fee for any mailed material
- Allies can use HRS materials but not our name or logo
- Rabbits rescued by allies are not the responsibility of HRS
- Allies must be recommended by one HRS director, chapter manager, educator or by two HRS members
- Applicants must be approved by a board committee.
- Any nationally licensed Educator in an affiliated group can remain on the Educators list
- Any bad mouthing of HRS national or local chapters results in revocation
The HRS Licensing Committee reserves the sole right to determine the status of any organization applying to be a chapter or an Ally. No such status should be considered to be automatically conferred. The HRS Licensing Committee will inform any applicants of its decision.
We are currently refining our qualifications to be an HRS Ally. As such, we are putting new applications on hold. Please stop by again after January 1, 2023 to complete your application.