- We do not support or align ourself with any group or individual promoting rabbits as food animals.
- We do not support commercial or exploitative interests. Nor do we endorse products. Donations from manufacturers may be gratefully accepted, but no obligation is implied. Objective recommendations of products are occasionally made for health reasons but never in exchange for payment or publicity.
- All HRS publicity is to serve in the best interest of the animals and reinforce the image of rabbits as house pets. Promotion should focus more on the merits of the rabbits than on human personalities.
- We are dedicated to prolonging quality life for rabbits. Euthanasia is recommended ONLY when irreversible animal suffering is involved and NEVER for owner convenience.
- Although House Rabbit Society is involved in rabbit nursing care and health research, all our health research is done by compilation of existing data and necropsy results. We “experiment” only prescriptively to save sick animals and bring about recovery. No animal is ever “sacrificed” for any reason.
- Under the terms of our incorporation as a nonprofit organization, House Rabbit Society may not be involved in political activity. House Rabbit Society Members may attempt to influence legislation as individuals but should not do so in the name of the House Rabbit Society.
- We respect the privacy of our members. Our mailing list is not shared by other organizations or commercial interests.
- We strive to inspire compassion for animals. We pledge to serve only plant-based foods at events sponsored by House Rabbit Society.
You may also enjoy reading the House Rabbit Society Philosophy.