Champaign-Urbana, IL House Rabbit Society Adoption Application Please answer the following questions before deciding on your potential rabbit. We try to ensure the best possible match between animal and adopter. Remember that this is a lifetime commitment. You will be asked to sign a legal contract when adopting one of our rabbits and you must pay a fee of $50.00. This fee includes spaying or neutering.The fees go directly to our local HRS chapter to help pay for upkeep and medical care. Keep in mind the following points:
Please understand that the rabbits available for adoption are all housed in foster homes. We do not have a shelter facility. We rely on the kindness of volunteers to care for and socialize our foster rabbits. Sometimes, if a rabbit has been fostered for a long period of time, a strong bond forms between the foster parent and the animal. The foster parent has the final determination in whether or not the rabbit will be relinquished into your custody.
- Rabbits must be housed indoors only.
- You need to expect to provide the rabbit with a minimum of 30 hours of uncaged time per week.
- Rabbits may not be declawed.
- Indoor rabbits live an average of 8 - 10 years. We are looking for those special adopters who will make every effort possible to keep their companion for the entire life of the rabbit despite lifestyle changes (divorce, moving, etc.)
- Rabbits may not be adopted as gifts. All members of a household should visit the prospective rabbit and apply for adoption.
- Rabbits will not be placed in a home where there is an unneutered or unspayed rabbit.
- We do NOT adopt rabbits to children. We DO adopt rabbits to families. Parents must fill out this application and sign the adoption contract. Pleasedo not have your children call or email. Applicants who under 18yrs of age or who are living with parents must have a parent or legal guardian apply on their behalf.
Deborah Smith, Chapter Manager
**You MUST fill out this application completely. Partially filled out applications will NOT be accepted**
If for some reason you have technical problems with this form, please email Kate McGinley at
|Name of rabbit you are interested |
in (if applicable):
|Your name || |
|Address (incl city&zip): || |
|Telephone: || |
|Email address (PLEASE BE ACCURATE, this is how we will contact you): || |
|Where do you live? || |
|Do you (select all that apply) ||Own Rent,Livew/roomates |
Rent,livealone Livingw/parents Student
|List all human members of household and ages of children || |
|Does any member of your household have any known allergies to animals? || |
|If yes, please describe: || |
|Do we have permission to visit your home? || |
|If no, reason?: || |
| || |
|Pet History || |
|Do you currently have any other pets? || |
|If yes, please describe (include all animals includinghousemates' animals), type, age, sex, spayed/neutered? where kept? Had how long? || |
|Your veterinarian's name and Tel. number: || |
|List pets owned in the past 10 years, other than those listed above. Include type, name, age, sex, where you got him/her, when you stopped owning the animals and reason || |
|Have you ever brought an animal to the shelter? || |
|If yes, what were the circumstances? || |
|Do you anticipate moving soon? || |
|If yes, when? || |
|Which member of your houshold will be primary caregiver for the rabbit? || |
|Please state reason for wanting a rabbit as a companion: || |
|Please describe where you intend to keep the pet and the type/size of cage you will use (if applicable) || |
|Describe the ways you plan to allow your rabbit to exercise, number of hours, space, etc. || |
|How did you find out about the House Rabbit Society and our local chapter? || |
|Please click submit when you are done: || |
| || |