Thank you for your interest in being an HRS Ally. Please fill out the online application below.
An ally is a rescue group that:
- professes to have similar purposes and philosophy as House Rabbit Society
- may/may not be incorporated (as a 501c3 nonprofit)
- operates fostering and education programs that may/may not follow HRS guidelines
- may/may not have licensed HRS Educators
- will be listed on the HRS website as an HRS Ally
These groups follow HRS guidelines as follows:
- spay/neuter all rabbits
- keep rabbits indoors
- adopt to indoor homes only
- provide educational material with adopted rabbits
An ally relationship can exist with House Rabbit Society with the following provisions:
- Allies will sign an annual pledge
- HRS does not investigate their facilities or practices
- HRS may ask for a fee for any mailed material
- Allies can use HRS materials but not our name or logo
- Rabbits rescued by allies are not the responsibility of HRS
- Allies must be recommended by one HRS director, chapter manager, educator or by two HRS members
- Applicants must be approved by a board committee.
- Any nationally licensed Educator in an affiliated group can remain on the Educators list
- Any bad mouthing of HRS national or local chapters results in revocation
The HRS Licensing Committee reserves the sole right to determine the status of any organization applying to be a chapter or an Ally. No such status should be considered to be automatically conferred. The HRS Licensing Committee will inform any applicants of its decision.