Are you the right kind of person to live with a rabbit? Would a rabbit be the right pet for you? Rabbits make wonderful companions for the right people.
- Are you patient?
- Have a sense of humor?
- Do you enjoy watching the movements and learning the language of another species?
- Does your schedule include plenty of time at home?
- Are you comfortable spending a lot of time on the floor?
- Are you not overly fussy with your furniture?
The House Rabbit Society has many wonderful bunnies many rescued from euthanasia at the animal shelter- available for adoption. Contact your local House Rabbit Society chapter to find out if you are the right person to provide a special home for a special rabbit.
- Rabbits can be litterbox trained
- They can live to be 7-10 years old
- Rabbits are inquisitive, sociable animals.
- They make wonderful indoor companions.
- Rabbits can purr when contented.
- Like cats and dogs, rabbits need to be spayed or neutered to improve health and behavior.
- Unlike other pets, most rabbits do not like to be held. They prefer to sit beside you.
- Rabbits like to play with toys, such as cardboard boxes, wire cat balls, hard plastic baby keys, untreated willow baskets.
- Rabbits need to have things of their own to chew on (or they might nibble on your stuff).
- Rabbits need to be protected from predators, poisons, temperature extremes, electrical cords, and rough handling.