The Best Rabbit-Savvy Vets Near Me
Searching for the best rabbit-savvy veterinarians near you? If you want to find a good rabbit-savvy vet in your local area, you've found the right place.
The usual Caveats
This information is provided only for your convenience and in no way should be considered an endorsement by the website. The following table has been compiled from reliable resources that have indicated that the listed clinics will treat rabbits. We cannot guarantee your satisfaction with any veterinarian - please call and ask your own questions before using the vets listed below
Most recommendations are for specific veterinarians who may work at a particular clinic rather than the clinic in general.
Don't assume all vets at a clinic are experienced with rabbits just because one is. When scheduling an appointment, if offered a vet you're unfamiliar with, insist on seeing the one you requested.
If you are interested in using a veterinarian not on the list, please do your own careful research on the veterinarian. Ask them questions to make sure you are comfortable taking your rabbit to them.
We've partnered with WabbitWiki and Rabbitors.info for veterinary recommendations. If you find these ravbbbit-savvy vet listings useful, please consider becoming a WabbitWiki editor.
Rabbit Savvy Vets - United States
Please view the table with desktop view on your phone or on a computer for advanced search, group, sort, and filter options. Use the “View larger version” button at the bottom right of the embedded table to open up a new tab with a full-screen table.
Guide to services:
- Emergency: Clinic is open 24/7 for emergencies. However, please first call to make sure there is a veterinarian on call or on duty that is willing to treat rabbits as they may not always have someone on staff. Some emergency hospitals may also have regular business hours for appointments.
- Extended hours: Clinic is open for extended after-hours for emergencies, but not 24/7. Please first call to make sure there is a veterinarian on call or on duty that is willing to treat rabbits as they may not always have someone on staff.
- Urgent: During regular business hours, the clinic is willing to see urgent cases with a same-day appointment. Please first call to arrange an appointment time if available.
- Drop-offs: During regular business hours, the clinic is willing to see urgent cases with a drop-off appointment. Please first call to arrange a drop-off time if available.
- Mobile vet: The veterinarian offers house calls instead within a certain range. Some mobile veterinarians may not have a regular physical office.
- Holistic: Clinic offers a combination of conventional and alternative therapies (acupuncture, chiropractic, herbal, nutritional supplements, massage, laser therapy) for rabbits. Please note that alternative treatments are not a replacement for evidence-based medicine such as vaccinations, medication, and surgery when appropriate.
- Acupuncture: Clinic offers acupuncture services for rabbits. Veterinarians listed in an entry are experienced with veterinary acupuncture, not necessarily with rabbit wellness.
- Chiropractic: Clinic offers chiropractic services for rabbits. Veterinarians listed in an entry are experienced with veterinary chiropractic therapies, not necessarily with rabbit wellness.
- Ophthalmologist: Clinic specializes in veterinary eye care. The clinic may not be experienced with rabbit wellness in general.
- Oncologist: Clinic specializes in treatment programs for animals with cancer. The clinic may not be generally experienced with rabbit wellness.
- Orthopedics: Clinic specializes in surgeries to correct diseases and injuries of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and other skeletal structures. The clinic may not be generally experienced with rabbit wellness.
Great Rabbit-Savvy Vets Across the World
The Rabbit Welfare Association's rabbit-savvy vet directory.