Are you the right kind of person to live with a rabbit? Would a rabbit be the right pet for you? Rabbits make wonderful indoor companion animals for the right people.
- Are you patient?
- Have a sense of humor?
- Do you enjoy watching the movements and learning the language of another species?
- Does your schedule include plenty of time at home?
- Are you comfortable spending a lot of time on the floor?
- Are you not overly fussy with your furniture?
Your local rabbit rescue group or shelter has many wonderful bunnies available for adoption. Contact your local rabbit rescue group to find out if you are the right person to provide a special home for a special rabbit.
- Rabbits can be litterbox trained
- They can live to be 8-14 years old
- Rabbits are intelligent, social, and inquisitive animals.
- They make wonderful indoor companions.
- Rabbits can purr when contented.
- Like cats and dogs, rabbits need to be spayed or neutered to improve health and behavior.
- Unlike other pets, most rabbits do not like to be held. They prefer to sit beside you.
- Rabbits like to play with toys, such as cardboard boxes, wire cat balls, hard plastic baby keys, untreated willow baskets.
- Rabbits need to have things of their own to chew on (or they might nibble on your stuff).
- Rabbits need to be protected from predators, poisons, temperature extremes, electrical cords, and rough handling.